Amazing Race Dates and Prizes 2018

Dear Parents,

We are thrilled to announce the 14th annual Amazing gRace: 2018 Super Heroes is kicking-off this week!

New to the Amazing gRace?

The Amazing gRace is King’s Gate Christian School’s annual spring fundraiser. While tuition covers 80 percent of the cost of educating a student, we depend on The Amazing Race, Growing King’s Gate capital campaign and the fall Gala to bring in the remaining 20% needed. Proceeds raised this year support multiple school programs including: playground maintenance, technology development, furniture and equipment, classroom teaching resources and supplies. This year our fund raising goal is $35,000.

How Can We Help?

I am so glad you asked! This week you received 12 envelopes and 12 letters signed by your child(ren). You need to write the recipient’s name on the letter (Dear Grandpa Joe,) and then write the recipient’s name and address directly on the envelope.

*This Step Is Important* Do not seal the envelopes, but return them unsealed in the large white envelope in your child’s backpack. We will place a donation card in each envelope before we ship them off all together.

Lastly, you can ask for a sponsorship from a corporation, local business or donate a sponsorship yourself to have your child’s name added to the back of the Amazing gRace 2018 t-shirt.  The sponsorship letter and form can be found in your Amazing gRace packet.

Hefner Pointe Campus Prize:

Students that return 12 envelopes total by March 16th assembly will receive a super hero bracelet and get their pictures taken with Wonder Woman and Captain America characters in costume.

Hefner Pointe Lion Cub Assembly: 11:00 am – 11:45 am

Surrey Hills Campus Prize: 

SH Students 1st & 2nd graders that turn in their 12 envelopes by March 16th will have their picture taken with the super heroes and join their friends for a 30 minute glow dance party that afternoon.

SH Students 3rd grade and up that turn in a complete packet of 12 envelopes will be able to take pictures with the super heroes and enjoy 30 extra minutes of gaga pit ball.

Surrey Hills Lion Pride Assembly: 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm

Pucker-Up for Llama Gus!

This year we will have jars with each teacher’s picture that will be placed at each campus. Families can drop loose change in the jars. The teacher that has the most money raised and the teacher that has themost number of coins will kiss Gus, the Lewis Family Llama (see our friend Amelia below). Mrs. Nicholson, Principal of Surrey Hills and Mrs. Wyndi Bradley, Head of School have also agreed to kiss Gus if we reach our overall fundraising goal of $35,000. Last day to donate coins: May 16th

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *